Welcome to SHV
SHV originated in 1896 in the Netherlands from a merger between a number of large coal trading companies, some of which had been active since the 18th century. After the decline of coal as the primary source of energy, halfway through the twentieth century, SHV moved into other business areas.
Today SHV is a family-owned multinational whose entrepreneurship is reflected in its range of operations:
- trade in and distribution of LPG (SHV Energy)
- cash-and-carry wholesale (Makro)
- heavy lifting and transport solutions (Mammoet)
- industrial services (ERIKS)
- animal nutrition and fish feed (Nutreco)
- exploration and production of oil and gas (Dyas)
- provision of private equity (NPM Capital)
To learn more about SHV, its philosophy and its activities please explore this site.
Facts & Figures
At home in Utrecht
SHV has always been based in Utrecht. The company was first located on the ... read more >
ERIKS is a leading innovative industrial products and services provider with a focus on ... read more >
Mammoet has a worldwide fleet of some 1300 cranes. The company owns the world’s largest ... read more >